Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aaron Knauf <Aa...@geniesystems.com> on 2000/10/27 00:17:18 UTC

Re: building a web app - need help

The build.xml has a syntax error.  Send it to me and I'd be happy to take
a look.

Aaron Knauf
Systems Integrator
Genie Systems Ltd
Auckland, New Zealand
Ph. +64-9-573 3310 x812
email: aaronk@geniesystems.com
http://www.geniesystems.com

Jay Raghavan <ja...@yahoo.com>
27/10/2000 09:31
Please respond to tomcat-user

        To:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        building a web app - need help

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I tried to build my sample web app and followed the
instructions to build the sample app ("Hello World").

I ran the build.bat file in Windows 2000.  The error I
get is:

BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Can't open config file: build.xml
due to: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute names
must not start with "<" characters.
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Can't open config
file: build.xml due to: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Attribute names must not start with "<" characters. at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:93)

What's going on here - I haven't modified the script
or any code!

thanks
Jay

=====