Posted to user@tez.apache.org by "hankedang@emar.com" <ha...@emar.com> on 2015/08/20 12:29:57 UTC

tez compile

Hi~ all

    Can use cdh-hadoop 2.3 to compile tez 7.0  ?

    Wirtten in the building.txt  is support, lowest hadoop version 2.2 ?

    Now, my cluster with CDH 5.1 version, can use tez ?

Thanks !

hankedang@emar.com

Re: Re: tez compile

Posted by "hankedang@emar.com" <ha...@emar.com>.
Hi,

    Now, Set the repo for https://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/cloudera-repos , and version for 2.3.0-cdh5.1.0.
    then, run "mvn package -P\!hadoop24 -P\!hadoop26 -DskipTests=true"

    but, compile to tez-mapreduce module error!

        error information:
/workspace/tez/apache-tez-0.7.0/tez-mapreduce/src/main/java/org/apache/tez/mapreduce/hadoop/mapreduce/JobContextImpl.java:[57,8] org.apache.tez.mapreduce.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContextImpl is not abstract and does not override abstract method userClassesTakesPrecedence() in org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext

  Is it  caused by version does not match ?

thanks for your help!

hankedang@emar.com

From: Hitesh Shah
Date: 2015-08-20 23:00
To: user
Subject: Re: tez compile
For the most part, yes - the compile should likely work given that the CDH release is based off Apache Hadoop 2.3.

To build Tez, you will need to add the CDH maven repo to the pom.xml at the top-level. Modify hadoop.version to "2.3.0-cdh5.1.0” or something similar based on your requirements.

And then run "mvn package -P\!hadoop24 -P\!hadoop26" so that you disable all the features/modules that need a minimum of hadoop-2.4 and hadoop-2.6 respectively.

Let us know if you run into any problems.

thanks
— Hitesh

Re: tez compile

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.