Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Fred Moyer <fr...@taperfriendlymusic.org> on 2004/05/04 00:05:48 UTC

[mp2] $r->auth_name

Greetings,

Is there an mp2 implementation of $r->auth_name?  I'm working with
Apache::AuthCookie in a native mp2 environment and am getting an error
message of:

Can't locate class method 'Apache::RequestRec::auth_name' via package
'Apache::ReqestRec' at Apache/AuthCookie.pm line 18

I've found references to $r->auth_name and ap_auth_name in the source
but have not come across it in the api docs.

TIA,

Fred

Re: [mp2] $r->auth_name

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Fred Moyer wrote:

>>> Is there an mp2 implementation of $r->auth_name?  I'm working with
>>> Apache::AuthCookie in a native mp2 environment and am getting an error
>>> message of:
>>

>> I believe this module has been ported to mp2 already.  you might want to
>> check the archives so you don't end up doing more work than you need.
>
> I followed the threads to
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=105264164428847&w=2
>
> Most of this I got working.

try

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=105978462618590&w=2

which notes that a pre-release of 3.05 supports mp2 and is available from here:

  https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12701

>>> Can't locate class method 'Apache::RequestRec::auth_name' via package
>>> 'Apache::ReqestRec' at Apache/AuthCookie.pm line 18
>>>
>>> I've found references to $r->auth_name and ap_auth_name in the source
>>> but have not come across it in the api docs.
>>

>> you need to
>>
>>   use Apache::Access ();
>>
>> first.
>

> Aha, the missing piece. Thanks!

sure :)

--Geoff

Re: [mp2] $r->auth_name

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@taperfriendlymusic.org>.

Re: [mp2] $r->auth_name

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Fred Moyer wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Is there an mp2 implementation of $r->auth_name?  I'm working with
> Apache::AuthCookie in a native mp2 environment and am getting an error
> message of:

I believe this module has been ported to mp2 already.  you might want to
check the archives so you don't end up doing more work than you need.

> Can't locate class method 'Apache::RequestRec::auth_name' via package
> 'Apache::ReqestRec' at Apache/AuthCookie.pm line 18
>
> I've found references to $r->auth_name and ap_auth_name in the source
> but have not come across it in the api docs.

you need to

  use Apache::Access ();

first.

HTH