Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by er...@eunet.at on 2000/05/17 22:12:04 UTC

FO: Graphics?

Hello Guys,

thanx for creaing cocoon, its great!

I (newbie on Cocoon) am working on a prototype and I want to include logos and graphicss in a page that
looks fancy and can be viewed both as html and PDF.

I tried to use </fo:display-graphic src="./image.gif"> in the fo style sheet, but I received a null
pointer in java when the xml page that pointed to the fo.xsl was executed (It works fine without the
display-graphic)

 I searched the faq, and looked through the xsl definitions, but did not succeed.

Can any kind soul point me to some resources in the www or give me a hint what I did wrong?

What is ithe best way to learn XSL? (I know C/C++ and Java, but have not much experience in XML).

Thanx a lot,

Ernst

Re: FO: Graphics?

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
ernst@relay2.austria.eu.net wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> thanx for creaing cocoon, its great!
>
> I (newbie on Cocoon) am working on a prototype and I want to include logos
> and graphicss in a page that
> looks fancy and can be viewed both as html and PDF.
>
> I tried to use </fo:display-graphic src="./image.gif"> in the fo style
> sheet, but I received a null
> pointer in java when the xml page that pointed to the fo.xsl was executed
> (It works fine without the
> display-graphic)

Did you try to view this with fop as a PDF? I believe this feature is
not implemented in fop, but you should go and ask the developers there.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung