Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/07 20:40:54 UTC

Hadoop node's locality

Hi everyone,
Does anybody know if Hadoop can take scheduling decisions using nodes positions
within network topology ? Or if there is any work being done on this?
Thanks in advanced.

Renato M.

Session analysis using Hadoop

Posted by Oded Rotem <od...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience using Hadoop to do sessionizing / session
analysis? I know eBay has something called MQL (Mobius Query Language) for
this, but they have not (yet?...) made it open source.

Any useful pointers here would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Oded

Re: Hadoop node's locality

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The map-reduce scheduling does take block placement into account and
attempts to schedule map tasks accordingly.  The system is flexible,
and HBase uses it to put maps colocated with the regionservers they
read from.

-ryan

Re: Hadoop node's locality

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.