Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2015/08/27 14:28:21 UTC

Policeman Jenkins now also testing Solaris

Hi,

Policeman Jenkins now also has a Solaris 11.2 VirtualBOX VM (x86-64). This runs 5.x (Java 7 32/64 bits and Java 8 only-64 bits) builds. Oracle no longer ships 32 bit JVMs for Java 8. For Java 7 the output on failed tests may be a bit confusing: Solaris does not have separate JAVA_HOME for 32 and 64 bits. To select the correct bitness you have to pass -d32 or -d64 to the Java executable. By default it uses 32 bits, unfortunately.

So it shows "multiarch/jdk1.7.0" in the Jenkins Error Mail and the build description. The actual bitness can be found by looking at the build arguments (look for -d32 or -d64). This was currently the quickest workaround. But in any case for our Solr startup scripts we should maybe include "-d64" into the command line args on Solaris!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen