Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 조주일 <tj...@kgrid.co.kr> on 2014/06/19 11:14:12 UTC

hdfs 2.2 federation

ns01 = HA( namenode194-active, namenode195-standby )
ns02 = HA( namenode196-active, namenode197-standby )

I was running on the server command 195
I was running the command(-safemode enter)  namenode194 server

$HADOOP_PREFIX/bin/hdfs dfsadmin -safemode enter

I was expecting to change safemode both namenode194 and namenode195

However, only changes namenode195.

What's the problem?

Re: hdfs 2.2 federation

Posted by Stephen Chu <sc...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

There are some open issues with DFSAdmin.

You can read more at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-5147 (Certain dfsadmin commands
such as safemode do not interact with the active namenode in ha setup)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-6507 (Improve DFSAdmin to
support HA cluster better)

Thanks,
Stephen