Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/04/11 17:39:00 UTC

[primitives] Permission to commit boolean collections

Hi,

I've written the Boolean equivalents for the collections we have in commons
primitives.  Rather then just check them in I thought it might be proper to
ask first.

I needed a ArrayBooleanList as well as the other primitives to finish off
the set so I just created one.

Also I have built stacks for all the primitive types.  Is it worth while
checking those in as well?  Right now they're kind of out of place sitting
within a BER decoder package I have here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/directory/snickers/trunk/ber/src
/java/org/apache/snickers/ber/digester/?root=Apache-SVN

There are the usual suspects:

BooleanStack
ByteStack
CharStack
ShortStack
IntStack
LongStack
FloatStack
DoubleStack

I also thing these can be embellished somewhat.  We might want to extract
interfaces from them and follow the same model of abstracting away the
backing store as has been done with the List collections; namely extracting
the interface, having an abstract implementation, having concrete
implementations with a real backing store, and even having some
java.util.Stack decorators etc.

Alex

RE: [primitives] Permission to commit boolean collections

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Oh definately.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
From: "Alex Karasulu" <ao...@bellsouth.net>

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Stephen,

> From: Stephen Colebourne [mailto:scolebourne@btopenworld.com]
>
> I have made a few changes:
> - made the licence formatting the same as primitives
> - changed the @since to 1.1
> - renamed the tests in line with primitives
> - integrated the tests into the junit suite

I should have followed the same JUnit TestCase naming conventions.
My apologies for wasting your time.

> From: "Alex Karasulu" <ao...@bellsouth.net>
> > There are some additional things that I will probably do over the course
> of
> > time that I listed in the commit message:
> >
> > Things left to do:
> > ==================
> >
> > o Rig the JUnit tests into the package suites

I guess I can X this todo thanks to you.

> > o Extract new Stack interfaces for primitive Stacks
> > o Abstract away backing store mechanism for Stack in the same
> >   fashion that Rodney has abstracted things like the XXXList etcetera
> > o Implement concrete Stack primitives using specific backing stores

I'm going to try to get to these over some time if that's ok.  If there
is a release that needs to be cut let me know I can find the time to do
it right away.

Thanks again,

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Stephen,

I just added those files to CVS.  You probably saw the commit email go by.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Thanks I tap on your shoulder once I check them in.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.

From: "Alex Karasulu" <ao...@bellsouth.net>

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Oooop that's all boolean (lowercase).  My editor seems to be capitalizing
boolean.