Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Stef Epardaud <st...@lunatech.com> on 2003/03/25 16:39:02 UTC

OK, both sets of patches for 'form' are irrelevant

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 10:17:18AM -0500, Sandy Gao wrote:
> Right, "publicKey" must be (explicitly) qualified. But the fundamental
> reason isn't because of the "form"attribute, but because the attribute
> declaration has a {target namespace}.
>
> So the only thing you need to check is whether the attribute declaration
> has a non-null target namespace.
>
> (Note that global attribute declarations also have {target namespace}s,
> hence their corresponding attributes in the instance must be explicitly
> qualified. But they have nothing to do with "form".)

OK, that helps a lot, indeed I realize that I get the exact information
I was looking for in the 'form' attributes, by looking at the target
namespace of the XSElementDecl and XSAttributeDecl. Thanks a lot for the
clarification. Maybe it would be nice to add some blurb about 'form' in
getNamespace() of XSElementDecl and XSAttributeDecl ?

Again, thanks for the info, I guess both sets of patches about 'form'
are irrelevant.

--
# Stef Epardaud, # Teachers have potentially more power than military,
# Java Defeater  #   the former can teach us how to not need the latter.