Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Scott Archer <sc...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/12 23:52:35 UTC

TLS/SSL Authentication Using CXF

We're trying to access a web service secured by a certificate.
The security is setup on IIS and the web service is behind it.

I don't think WS-SECURITY will do this type of authentication.
Is there any way to pass the client certificate when you call the web service?

We're just getting an IIS Error Page that says "The page requires a
client certificate".

We're using CXF 2.1.4

Re: TLS/SSL Authentication Using CXF

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thu February 12 2009 5:52:35 pm Scott Archer wrote:
> We're trying to access a web service secured by a certificate.
> The security is setup on IIS and the web service is behind it.
>
> I don't think WS-SECURITY will do this type of authentication.
> Is there any way to pass the client certificate when you call the web
> service?
>
> We're just getting an IIS Error Page that says "The page requires a
> client certificate".
>
> We're using CXF 2.1.4

The docs have a page on setting up SSL stuff:

http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/client-http-transport-including-ssl-
support.html

That should help.

--