Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abhilash Kumar <ab...@aimshospital.org> on 2006/02/13 14:43:17 UTC

No of concurrent requests per session

Hello:

 I am using Tomcat 5.0.30 with HTTP 1.1 Connector. If I try to make a third request while two other request's (which i have already made) responses have not yet arrived, then Tomcat is not serving the request until one of the pending response arrives. This limits me to only two pending requests (irrespective of the webapp) at a time.

 My front app is like a dashboard which integarates multiple web apps of which some are reporting apps which requires 4 to 7 minutes to process a request and some are data processing apps which requires only seconds to process the request. Assume the user clicks on two reporting links which open up as new windows from the main app window. Now when he clicks on another link irrespctive of the webapp, nothing happens until one of the reporting request's response is arrived. This problem appears only if the requests belong to the same session.

Any pointers / advices will be greatly appreciated.

thanks and regards,

-- Kannan.

RE: No of concurrent requests per session

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
I suppose turning off HTTP 1.1 would probably do it.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/

To:     "'Tomcat Users List'" <us...@tomcat.apache.org>

Posted by Abhilash Kumar <ab...@aimshospital.org>.
Hello George,

  I tried out as you have suggested by adding the registry key entry
"MaxConnectionsPerServer" under
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings" with a value more than 2. After that, IE spans  more than two
concurrent requests to the same domain.
 Why I mentioned about Firefox was no one in the thread cleary stated that
it is the same behaviour in Firefox. So I decided to make a post wishing
later some one will be benefitted from that information since I have tested
the behaviuor with Firefox 1.0.7. And as you can see, the community again
benefitted from that posting since Wade posted the necessary info for
setting max connections in FireFox also.

thanks and regards,

-- Kannan.

Posted by Abhilash Kumar <ab...@aimshospital.org>.
Hello:

  No, I haven't tried the Fasterfox extension. Let me try it and see the
results.

thanks and regards,

-- Kannan.

Posted by Wade Chandler <hw...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.

To:     "'Tomcat Users List'" <us...@tomcat.apache.org>

Posted by DJ...@desknetinc.com.

To:     "'Tomcat Users List'" <us...@tomcat.apache.org>

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
I'm guessing this is more of a browser issue. If you're using IE, I seem to