Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Jason Calabrese <ma...@jasoncalabrese.com> on 2005/07/03 09:01:06 UTC

2.0 generated classes with deprecated methods

I'm in the process of upgrading to 2.0 from 1.0.4.  I noticed that with the
new -javasource 1.5 option the generated classes have deprecated *Array
methods and have added new generic *List methods.

I'd like to force the use of the new generic *List methods and not generate
the deprecated methods.

From looking at the code in SchemaTypeCodePrinter it looks like there isn't a
way to turn this off.  What do you think about adding a new option to skip
the generation of deprecated methods.

Maybe there needs to more than a single option to allow finer grain control
for the differnt types of generated deprecated methods? Something like
-skipdeprecated (all | arrays | accesors)?

If your open to this idea I'd be willing to write the patch.

--Jason