Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rakesh Midha <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 11:57:20 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M4 Binaries available (rc1)

I think we need to look into following issues:
1. Initial startup error caused by

2. Why is that in console's Application section and deployment list-module,
I see all the modules twice?
One with the version 2.0-M4, appears as started and one with version
2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT stopped. All the modules also have two folders for two
versions.
Its not causing any error or exception, but i am just worried as this result
in larger size of zip/gz and installed folder, and may also have other
effects.

3. Shutdown error.

thanks
Rakesh

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
We really should not be using the local repo like this... :-(

--jason

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Lesson learned, is that we need at least a milestone cut from our
dependent projects. For M4, we could have used Jetty 6.1.2rc2, which was
released on 3/27, but for CXF and Axis2, we only have timestamped
snapshots, which I couldn't get to work via the local server/repository
hack after several hours of trying, due to the snapshots having
dependencies on other snapshots....

-Donald

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Joe Bohn wrote:
> I agree that we should spend much more time on M4 ... but if we just
> release them as-is then it shouldn't consume many more cycles.

Correction on bad typo ... "I agree that we should *not* spend much more
time on M4 ... "  :-)

Joe

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M4 Binaries available (rc1)

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
I think that we should make the binaries available as is.  It gives
folks something to work even with the extra config.  Aside from the
image size (and confusion if people are looking at the system modules)
they don't seem to be doing any harm.

Re: [DISCUSS] 2.0-M4 Binaries available (rc1) - rc1 is dead

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
So moving forward is reproducibility of our milestone builds always
going to be an issue?  I think this is pretty ridiculous that this is
such a painful process and I understand Matt's frustration.

Does any one know if Maven is using us as a case-study and working
toward addressing some of our major concerns? If not, do we look
toward another build solution in the future?

-sachin

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
I tend to agree since these are milestone snapshots not real
releases, but am wondering how the repo/source release part would
work.  Can someone explain?

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.