Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID on 2021/12/11 02:02:24 UTC

Disable a library in Tomcat configuration

Is there a way to forcibly prevent a library from loading in Tomcat during startup that will also prevent an app from loading the library?

Trying to find­ a way to block vulnerabilities.

Thanks,

Sent with BlackBerry Work (www.blackberry.com)

RE: Disable a library in Tomcat configuration

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.
Thanks Mark­

________________________________
> Is there a way to forcibly prevent a library from loading in Tomcat during startup that will also prevent an app from loading the library?
>
> Trying to find­ a way to block vulnerabilities.

Dependencies are rarely optional. Blocking a library from loading is
likely to break the application.

Tomcat does not provide such a feature.

You could probably do it with a custom web resources implementation but
that would be non-trivial and, as I said above, likely to break apps.

Mark

Re: Disable a library in Tomcat configuration

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.