Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/03 21:57:56 UTC

SnapPuller executing on master?

Hello,

If I'm on a master (Solr 1.4), why would I see the following in the logs, if I'm running the master Solr JVM with "-Denable.master=true":

SEVERE: Master at: http://solrbox:8080/solr/foocore/replication is not available. Index fetch failed. Exception: Read timed out

I checked the sources, and this comes from SnapPuller.  SnapPuller is a slave thing.

Why would this be executed on the master?

Thanks,
Otis
--
Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Solr - Lucene - Nutch

Re: SnapPuller executing on master?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:27 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If I'm on a master (Solr 1.4), why would I see the following in the logs,
> if I'm running the master Solr JVM with "-Denable.master=true":
>
> SEVERE: Master at: http://solrbox:8080/solr/foocore/replication is not
> available. Index fetch failed. Exception: Read timed out
>

> I checked the sources, and this comes from SnapPuller.  SnapPuller is a
> slave thing.
>
> Why would this be executed on the master?

It definitely should not unless the ReplicationHandler is configured as a
slave too.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.