Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2005/11/07 23:57:14 UTC

How to ensure dependent "xsl:import()" get the right context to work?

I'm experimenting with the EXSLT, partially in Stylus Studio, and
partially in standalone tests.  I noticed that when I tried to test the
"date:format-date()" function provided in the EXSLT implementation, it
fails trying to find "str.padding.function.xsl" in the same directory as
the "date.format-date.function.xsl" file.

I'm guessing there should be some way I can configure the XSLT context
in some way so that this would work, unless I'm missing something.  Is
it assumed that EXSLT functions will do their own "xsl:import" calls for
dependent functions, or should this be up to the top-level client?

Re: How to ensure dependent "xsl:import()" get the right context to work?

Posted by Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi, Karr

Xalan processor has it is own implementation for EXSLT date-and-time
functions. If you want to use your own implementation, try to write your
stylesheet (according to EXSLT):

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns:date="http://exslt.org/dates-and-times"
                extension-element-prefixes="date">