Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2001/06/01 17:42:52 UTC

[C2]:Go For Beta

Hi C2ers!

I think we are all +1 on the beta question. The only real
remaining problem is that someone has to actually do it.

So here is the roadmap for beta 1 that I will follow unless
someone kills me - or threatens to :-):

- Code-freeze and testing of the examples to be completed
  by Sunday (MEST).
  Only bug fixing should be checked in from now.
  Can someone test the database examples?
- Total code-freeze starting monday to prepare the distribution.
- Release of the beta on Wednesday

I will prepare the distribution and put it on Daedalus on
Wednesday and Giacomo will write the announcement.

Carsten

AW: [C2]:Go For Beta: SQLTransformer warning

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Hi,

I think I fixed this problem. The connection should be closed now only once.

Could someone verify this please with the latest cvs?

Carsten

Re: [C2]:Go For Beta: SQLTransformer warning

> [...]
treamPipeline.java:344)
> at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:3705)
> at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:1337)
> at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:175)
> at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:94)
> at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:293)
> at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:471)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
> at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)

7)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
> at

onnectionHandler.java:210)

Re: [C2]:Go For Beta

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Hi C2ers!
>
> I think we are all +1 on the beta question. The only real
> remaining problem is that someone has to actually do it.
>
> So here is the roadmap for beta 1 that I will follow unless
> someone kills me - or threatens to :-):
>
> - Code-freeze and testing of the examples to be completed
>   by Sunday (MEST).
>   Only bug fixing should be checked in from now.
>   Can someone test the database examples?

They're functionnal, but there are some "message output is null" in the
tomcat's console, and the log file contains the following exception on
the Simple SQL sample.

DEBUG   84521   [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): Retrieving a
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection from the pool
DEBUG   84521   [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): JdbcConnection was closed,
creating one to take its place
DEBUG   84521   [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): JdbcConnection object created
DEBUG   84521   [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): Returning a
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection to the pool
WARN    84521   [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): Pool interrupted while waiting
for lock.
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: -1, Size: 0
	at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:491)
	at java.util.ArrayList.remove(ArrayList.java:375)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.pool.DefaultPool.put(DefaultPool.java:174)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection.close(JdbcConnection.java:134)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SQLTransformer$Query.close(SQLTransformer.java:614)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SQLTransformer$Query.next(SQLTransformer.java:597)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SQLTransformer.executeQuery(SQLTransformer.java:194)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SQLTransformer.executeQuery(SQLTransformer.java:198)
[...]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: [C2]:Go For Beta

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

giacomo a écrit :

> On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> > > I'd propose to work on the docs from *NOW* on until Beta 2 (let's say
> > > for about a month or so).
> > >
> > > I still havn't heard much about the branching proposal from the rest of
> > > the commiters. IIRC only Donald and Carsten have given their oppinions
> > > and they are oppositional.
> >
> > as long as we agree to _do_ bug fixes on 2.0 and not just leave it hanging
> > once 2.1 work gets underway, i'm fine with the branch.
>
> I want to make this clear once again. I don't intend to push a 2.1
> branch. I'd only want to have a container to put things into on which
> we'll decide that it will not make it into the 2.0 release. To undeline
> this we can make the HEAD branch be 2.0 and the side branch the 2.1. I
> have no problems with it. I've only thought that it would be more
> naturally to have the HEAD be 2.1 and the side branch 2.0.
>
> Giacomo

+1 for branching. IMO, if branching is used as a container for new
features, we should keep the 2.0 source tree in the main branch. This
will allow average users to get 2.0 sources with a simple checkout of
xml-cocoon2 while advanced users will get the "bleeding edge"
2.1-experimental branch which will be merged to the HEAD when 2.0 is
considered stable and 2.1 development really starts.

Having a separate branch for 2.1 can also refrain developpers of adding
new features too early and concentrate on stabilizing 2.0 :)

--
Sylvain Wallez

AW: [C2]:Go For Beta

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
> On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> work on it? Sunday (MEST)?
> > >
> > > I'd propose to work on the docs from *NOW* on until Beta 2 (let's say
> > > for about a month or so).
> > >
> > > I still havn't heard much about the branching proposal from
> the rest of
> > > the commiters. IIRC only Donald and Carsten have given their oppinions
> > > and they are oppositional.
> >
> > as long as we agree to _do_ bug fixes on 2.0 and not just leave
> it hanging
> > once 2.1 work gets underway, i'm fine with the branch.
>
> I want to make this clear once again. I don't intend to push a 2.1
> branch. I'd only want to have a container to put things into on which
> we'll decide that it will not make it into the 2.0 release. To undeline
> this we can make the HEAD branch be 2.0 and the side branch the 2.1. I
> have no problems with it. I've only thought that it would be more
> naturally to have the HEAD be 2.1 and the side branch 2.0.

Looking at other Apache projects, they have the HEAD as the most recent
version, this means the HEAD would be 2.1. I think we should do the same.

Carsten

Re: [C2]:Go For Beta

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
+1 for 2.1 as HEAD and 2.0 as side-branch.

Thanks,
dims

--- Martin Man <Ma...@seznam.cz> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 06:10:01PM +0200, giacomo wrote:
> > I want to make this clear once again. I don't intend to push a 2.1
> > branch. I'd only want to have a container to put things into on which
> > we'll decide that it will not make it into the 2.0 release. To undeline
> > this we can make the HEAD branch be 2.0 and the side branch the 2.1. I
> > have no problems with it. I've only thought that it would be more
> > naturally to have the HEAD be 2.1 and the side branch 2.0.
>
> I'm +1 for 2.1 being HEAD and 2.0 being side branch, it's similar approach
> that Xfree is using as I remember and it's also the approach cvs itself is
> promoting..., I'm also +1 for forking the 2.0 immediately when going beta
>

> > Giacomo
> >

> martin

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

Re: [C2]:Go For Beta

Posted by Martin Man <Ma...@seznam.cz>.
On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 06:10:01PM +0200, giacomo wrote:
> I want to make this clear once again. I don't intend to push a 2.1
> branch. I'd only want to have a container to put things into on which
> we'll decide that it will not make it into the 2.0 release. To undeline
> this we can make the HEAD branch be 2.0 and the side branch the 2.1. I
> have no problems with it. I've only thought that it would be more
> naturally to have the HEAD be 2.1 and the side branch 2.0.

I'm +1 for 2.1 being HEAD and 2.0 being side branch, it's similar approach
that Xfree is using as I remember and it's also the approach cvs itself is
promoting..., I'm also +1 for forking the 2.0 immediately when going beta

> Giacomo

martin

Re: [C2]:Go For Beta

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.