Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2006/03/24 15:57:28 UTC

Cfp Forms

couple of bugs in the web app for submitting papers

1. I can't add any speaker bio for me. Or I can, but when I reload that
profile it is blank. Second speaker works

2. from the submission page:

<script language="JavaScript">
function zeichenzaehler()
{
eingabetext = document.formular.abstrakt.value
ist = eingabetext.length

rest = 600 - ist;
if (rest < 0) {  // keine weiteren Eingaben zulassen
document.formular.abstrakt.value = eingabetext.substr(0,400);
rest = 0;
}
document.formular.eingabezaehler.value = rest;
}

</script>

i.e there is a hard coded limit of 600 chars, but if you exceed it, all
but the first 400 chars get stripped.

these need fixing.

Re: Cfp Forms

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Steve Loughran wrote:

> 2. from the submission page:
>
> <script language="JavaScript">
> function zeichenzaehler()
> {
> eingabetext = document.formular.abstrakt.value
> ist = eingabetext.length
>
> rest = 600 - ist;
> if (rest < 0) {  // keine weiteren Eingaben zulassen
> document.formular.abstrakt.value = eingabetext.substr(0,400);
> rest = 0;
> }
> document.formular.eingabezaehler.value = rest;
> }
>
> </script>
>
> i.e there is a hard coded limit of 600 chars, but if you exceed it, all
> but the first 400 chars get stripped.

Also whatever handles the POST has a lower threshold, cos it rejects
proposals that are 592 chars long.