Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2003/03/19 21:21:05 UTC

[phyre] Moving out...

I'd like to remove Phyre,
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-apps/phyre/>, from the
avalon-apps CVS in accordance with the downsizing. I don't have any
plans to develop this codebase any further (and seeing as how I was the
only one that ever did any real work on it).

Peter Donald has agreed to host an archival tarball on sourceforge as
part of the Spice project, but if there is a place at apache for dusty
projects to go, it could live there too...

Objections?
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org

JNLP cornerstone block

Posted by Mauro Talevi <ma...@aquilonia.org>.
Peter Royal wrote:
> I'd like to remove Phyre,
> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-apps/phyre/>, from the
> avalon-apps CVS in accordance with the downsizing. I don't have any
> plans to develop this codebase any further (and seeing as how I was the
> only one that ever did any real work on it).

Peter,

I've refactored the the phyre block which handles JNLP connections into
a generic cornerstone block.
I think its use is quite generic and goes beyond phyre being developed
further.
I attach a patch with the cornerstone jnlp src.
I've introduced a JNLPManager interface which at the moment has no
methods but which may in the future.

Cheers, Mauro

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Peter Royal wrote:
> Objections?

nope, though I'd like that tarball on an ASF machine somewhere, too.

- Leo

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 12:06  PM, Mauro Talevi wrote:
> Is there any reason why this sort of interface could not be part of
> phoenix itself?

no real reason..

> Since it offers the web-based interface, can't it offer both?
> Or is there a preference for web-based?

One of the things i wanted to do was generate a block configuration UI
using the block's schema. And XML->Swing tools (at the time) were
either GPL or not there.. I know Jelly has a swing taglib now, which
could be an avenue, but I'm also more comfortable creating a webapp due
to my limited swing experience.
-pete

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Mauro Talevi <ma...@aquilonia.org>.

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Peter Royal wrote:

> I'd like to remove Phyre,
> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-apps/phyre/>, from the
> avalon-apps CVS in accordance with the downsizing. I don't have any
> plans to develop this codebase any further (and seeing as how I was
> the only one that ever did any real work on it).

Peter:

Honesty - I have not idea what Phyre is or does. Can you privide a brief
overview on project - what it is, where it is, why it is, etc.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 02:36  AM, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:16, Peter Royal wrote:
>> http://cvs.apache.org/~proyal/avalon-apps-phyre.tar.gz
>
> copied to
>
> http://avalon.apache.org/historiccvs/apps/phyre.tar.gz
>
> could you download and confirm before deleting from your account.

all is good.
-pete

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:16, Peter Royal wrote:
> http://cvs.apache.org/~proyal/avalon-apps-phyre.tar.gz

copied to

http://avalon.apache.org/historiccvs/apps/phyre.tar.gz

could you download and confirm before deleting from your account.

thanks!

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 04:07  PM, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 03:55  PM, Leo Simons wrote:
>> Peter Royal wrote:
>>> I'll see what I can do.. I only have access to cvs.apache.org, and I
>>> thought the websites were on a separate box..
>>
>> yep. It's called "daedalus". I can do it this weekend if its what we
>> want to do. If you put the tar.gz in a public_html dir in your home
>> folder on the cvs box I can do it right now :D
>
> I was going to try and do it tonight (its 4pm local time here), I'll
> let you know where the tgz is at once I'm done.

http://cvs.apache.org/~proyal/avalon-apps-phyre.tar.gz

i rm -rf'd /home/cvs/avalon-apps/phyre and removed the gump descriptor.
-pete

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 07:43, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 03:31  PM, Paul Hammant wrote:
> > No objections here. Consider not having it as a tarball though.
>
> Rather a full CVS tree?

+1

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.

Re: [phyre] Moving out...

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

No objections here. Consider not having it as a tarball though.

- Paul