Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Suen, Tony" <ts...@qwest.com> on 2002/09/23 23:42:59 UTC

Question about WSDL generated...

Hi, I'm pretty new to using web services so this could just be my ignorant
on the subject.

I'm attempting to use axis 1.0 on an HP UX server running axis under tomcat
4.1.12.  The client is MS VS .Net

I am going throught the tutorials on installation, etc and things were fine
when the services ran against the supplied tutorial (calculator and stock
quote).

However, when I attempt to access the service from .Net, the interface
between the two environment failed.  It appears that the call was attempted
but failed due to service name mismatch.  I cannot tell if the MS tool is
using the elements incorrectly or not since I'm still learning the subject.
It appears that the generated WSDL will use the class name as the portType
name and tagged on the word "Service" to the service name.  For example, the
StockQuoteService generates the following "portType" and "service name"
elements in the WSDL.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <wsdl:portType name="StockQuoteService">
    <wsdl:operation name="getQuote" parameterOrder="symbol">
      <wsdl:input message="intf:getQuoteRequest" name="getQuoteRequest"/>
      <wsdl:output message="intf:getQuoteResponse" name="getQuoteResponse"/>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:portType>
  <wsdl:service name="StockQuoteServiceService">
    <wsdl:port binding="intf:StockQuoteServiceSoapBinding"
name="StockQuoteService">
      <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://bkmfg:8080/axis/StockQuoteService.jws"/>
    </wsdl:port>
  </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

I'd like to know if this is the expected behavor since I'm expecting that
the service name will be StockQuoteService instead of
StockQuoteServiceService.

Thanks.  Your team has created a great tool for us.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Tony