Posted to users@flex.apache.org by jwatson000 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/07 21:03:05 UTC

mx components missing in 4.13.0?

I just upgraded to Apache Flex 4.13.0 and several mx components seem to be
missing or inaccessible to the compiler:

Could not resolve <mx:ProgressBar> to a component implementation.
Could not resolve <mx:ProgressBar> to a component implementation.
Could not resolve <mx:TabNavigator> to a component implementation.
Could not resolve <mx:VBox> to a component implementation.

Is this a known issue, or did something change regarding these components?

Thanks!
JW

Re: mx components missing in 4.13.0?

Posted by jwatson000 <jo...@gmail.com>.
User Error indeed, I had unpacked the "AIR 15 SDK for Flex Developers"
instead of the "AIR 15 SDK for Flex Developers".  Sorry for the false alarm.

Re: mx components missing in 4.13.0?

Posted by jwatson000 <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ok, more information on this:

1. I tried installing both from the Installer and from the binary package
(and ant installer) as described here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34559?focusedCommentId=14162124&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14162124

2. The problem only occurs when I overlay the AIR SDK 15 on the Apache Flex
SDK.  If I use the AIR SDK 14 that comes with the Apache Flex SDK, the
compile error does not occur.  So this very well may be user error, although
I don't understand why.

Re: mx components missing in 4.13.0?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Was this an existing project?  How did you install 4.13, via the Installer
or some other way?

Make sure mx.swc is in the list of libraries for your project.
Some configs, like for mobile apps won¹t have mx.swc by default.

>From FlashBuilder, use Project -> Properties -> Build Path to check the
libraries.

-Alex