Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Edward S <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/13 18:00:33 UTC

Cocoon and FOP 0.93

Guys,

This mite not be the correct forum to put this question...so if not, then I
am sorry.
Anyways, here is my problem:

I am using Cocoon 2.1.9
It comes with FOP 0.20 but we wanted to use 0.93 for Fo 2 PDF work.

So, I wrote a new serializer that does this. No issues with the serializer.
Works like a charm!!!

I am using a config file to read all the FOP configuration. There has been a
whole lot of changes between the config file for 0.2 an 0.93

If I use this:
<base>./</base>

it fails saying, Cannot load font: failed to create Source from metrics file

I tried various different combos, to give a relative path to the <base> but
all fails.
Only when I give it a complete path like this:
<base>file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%205.0.28/webapps/mywebapp/resources/fop-fonts/</base>

does it run w/o any error.

The FOP documentation says, that relative path shud work. So, is there
something with the way cocoon interprets this that I am missin on?

thanks

Ed.