Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/09 21:16:30 UTC

[ANN] Free technical webinar: Mastering the Lucene Index: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:00 AM PST / 2:00 PM EST / 20:00 CET

Hey all - apologize for the quick cross post - just to let you know,
Andrzej is giving a free webinar this wed. His presentations are always
fantastic, so check it out:

Lucid Imagination Presents a free technical webinar:  Mastering the
Lucene Index
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:00 AM PST / 2:00 PM EST / 20:00 CET

Sign up here:
http://www.eventsvc.com/lucidimagination/081110?trk-AP

Lucene/Solr index implementation is critical to the performance of your
search application and the quality of your results -- and not just at
indexing time. If you're developing applications in Lucene/Solr, your
index will reward care and attention -- adding power to your running
search application -- all the more so as you inevitably increase the
scope of your query traffic and the dimensions of your data.

Join Andrzej Bialecki, Lucene Committer and inventor of the Luke index
utility, for an advanced workshop on cutting edge techniques for keeping
your Lucene/Solr index at its peak potential. Andrzej will discuss and
present essential strategies for index post-processing, including:
* Single-pass index splitting -- reshaping indexes for flexible deployment
* Index pruning, filtering and multi-tiered search, or how to serve
indexes (mostly) from RAM
* Bit-wise search -- or how to find the best bit-wise matches - and
applications in text fingerprinting

About the presenter: Andrzej Bialecki is a committer of the Apache
Lucene project, a Lucene PMC member, and chairman of the Apache Nutch
project. He is also the author of Luke, the Lucene Index Toolbox.
Andrzej participates in many commercial projects that use Lucene, Solr,
Nutch and Hadoop to implement enterprise and vertical search.

Re: [ANN] Free technical webinar: Mastering the Lucene Index: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:00 AM PST / 2:00 PM EST / 20:00 CET

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
I have passed this report on to the folks that manage our webinars.

	Erik

Posted by Stefan Trcek <wz...@abas.de>.