Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mariusz Nowostawski <ma...@marni.otago.ac.nz> on 2000/10/30 01:58:42 UTC

xinclude in stylesheet again

Hi,

I have been trying it before, but I have failed. I decided now that I need
to have a closure on this, once and for ever ;o)
I have xml file with data, html file (html fragment) with a side-menu, and
one xsl stylesheet which formats data, adds a side menu, and shows it in a
browser as HTML page, and second xsl stylesheet which formats data as
PDF. All is fine, but I have more than one xml data file, and all use the
same side-menu, so why not to use xinclude. In my stylesheet I do then:

<xsl:template match="whatever">
<xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-process">type="xinclude"</xsl:processing-instruction>
<xsl:processing-instruction name="cocoon-format">type="text/html"</xsl:processing-instruction>

[...] usual html stuff
<x xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
     <include xinclude:parse="html" xinclude:href="menu.html"/>
</x>

[...] my data table
</xsl:template>

[...] other templates

</xsl:stylesheet>

As a result I am getting HTML page, with:
[...]
[...]

The tag <x> is not processed, but the page itself was processed by
XInclude processor, because there is a comment suggesting it. What I am
doing wrong?  If somebody used xinclude in a stylesheet, could she/he
explain how it was achieved?

regards
mariusz