Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrei Svirida <an...@midray.com> on 2002/09/19 16:10:54 UTC

Error deploying cocoon.war (Version 2.0.3) to Tomcat 4.1.10

Hi all,

i've downloaded the Cocoon 2.0.3 and tried to deploy the file cocoon.war
to my Tomcat server (4.1.10) using the Tomcat Manager (or 'Deployment
tool' by Sun)

After deployment the manager reports the Cocoon application as
"running"

whenn calling /cocoon on my Tomcat Server i get the following error:
----------
"Cocoon 2 - Internal server error":
description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException:
Error compiling sitemap_xmap: Line 22, column 49: cannot access class Component; file
org/apache/avalon/framework/component/Component.class not found Line 23, column 53:
cannot access class Configurable; file org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configurable.class not found Line 24,
column 53: cannot access class Configuration; file org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration.class not
found Line 25, column 53: cannot access class ConfigurationException; file org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/ConfigurationException.class
not found Line 26, column 53: cannot access class DefaultConfiguration; file
----------

In <Tomcat>/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib i can see
all libraries which classes cocoon servlet claims not to find, e.g avalon-framework-4.1.2.jar
for org/apache/avalon/framework/component/Component.class.

When i manualy unpack cocoon.war into  <Tomcat>/webapps everything
works fine. Due to some circumstances this way of deployment is
unacceptable for the firm i work in.

Please cc your answer to andrei.svirida@midray.com

Thanks in advance!

--
Andrei Svirida, Projekte & Entwicklung
MIDRAY GmbH - a debitel company

http://www.midray.com/

Re[2]: Error deploying cocoon.war (Version 2.0.3) to Tomcat 4.1.10

Posted by Andrei Svirida <an...@midray.com>.
Hallo Vadim,

>>i've downloaded the Cocoon 2.0.3 and tried to deploy the file cocoon.war
>>to my Tomcat server (4.1.10) using the Tomcat Manager (or 'Deployment
>>tool' by Sun)

VG> How did you do this? i.e., what was the url to deploy the war?
The URL was http://<Server>:8080/manager/deploy
With Tomcat you can submit the file with the HTTP POST method to the
manager servlet, which will handle its deployment.

>>not found Line 26, column 53: cannot access class DefaultConfiguration; file
>>----------
>>
>>In <Tomcat>/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib i can see
>>all libraries which classes cocoon servlet claims not to find, e.g avalon-framework-4.1.2.jar
>>

VG> Not Cocoon but compiler. Compiler did not get correct classpath.
OK, you are right

Re: Error deploying cocoon.war (Version 2.0.3) to Tomcat 4.1.10

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Andrei Svirida wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>i've downloaded the Cocoon 2.0.3 and tried to deploy the file cocoon.war
>to my Tomcat server (4.1.10) using the Tomcat Manager (or 'Deployment
>tool' by Sun)

How did you do this? i.e., what was the url to deploy the war?

>After deployment the manager reports the Cocoon application as
>"running"
>
>whenn calling /cocoon on my Tomcat Server i get the following error:
>----------
>"Cocoon 2 - Internal server error":
>description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
>org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException:
>Error compiling sitemap_xmap: Line 22, column 49: cannot access class Component; file
>org/apache/avalon/framework/component/Component.class not found Line 23, column 53:
>cannot access class Configurable; file org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configurable.class not found Line 24,
>column 53: cannot access class Configuration; file org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration.class not
>found Line 25, column 53: cannot access class ConfigurationException; file org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/ConfigurationException.class
>not found Line 26, column 53: cannot access class DefaultConfiguration; file
>
>In <Tomcat>/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib i can see
>all libraries which classes cocoon servlet claims not to find, e.g avalon-framework-4.1.2.jar

Not Cocoon but compiler. Compiler did not get correct classpath.

Vadim