Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@wso2.com> on 2011/02/22 15:07:36 UTC

Simple Usage of xindice

Hi all,

I want to use the Xindice to store some XML files and query the data using
XPath. Where can I find a simple instruction on how to do this ? After going
through the documentation I was able to start the Xindice with Jetty and
after setting up the classpaths in the examples I was able to execute the
samples but I am getting following error when run the samples.

.
trying to register database
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.xindice.util.XindiceException:
DatabaseManager.getCollection(xmldb:xindice:///db/addressbook) returned
null.
at
org.apache.xindice.examples.AbstractExample.getCollection(AbstractExample.java:57)

Am I doing something wrong ? I do not bother what mode Xindice is running
since I am working on a PoC, ideally I will be using embedded Xindice but
for the time being I can run with Jetty since it's pretty much straight
forward.

If you can point me to a good documentation that would be greatful.

Regards
Lahiru

--
Lahiru Gunathilake
Senior Software Engineer - WSO2 Inc. www.wso2.com

Email:lahiru@wso2.com Blog: www.lahiru.org
Mobile: +94716381143

Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

Re: Simple Usage of xindice

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi Natalia,

Thank you very much for your response, I was able to run the samples
successfully and I am understanding things gradually, hopefully I think I am
in a position to use xindice for my PoC.

Thanks inadvance
Lahiru

Re: Simple Usage of xindice

Posted by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com>.