Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Jorge S." <js...@gfi.es> on 2008/03/14 12:45:47 UTC

how to configure a cluster with fault tolerance

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure a Servicemix cluster with fault tolerance, failover
recovery, high availability and persistence of messages.

I've built an scenario which consists in:
* A web service which takes a name and returns the string "Hello <name>"
* A service assembly deployed in Servicemix with a HTTP BC with two
endpoints (one provider and one consumer) and a JSR181 SE which insert a 10
seconds wait before giving back the external webservice response to the
client.
* A synchronous Axis client which connects to the cluster.

The goal I want to obtain is to shutdown one node of the cluster while it
processing the request (insert the wait) and that the other contiue with the
execution of that request. Is it possible?

I'm using Master/Slave mode in an external instance of ActiveMQ 5.0 but it
doesn't work. ActiveMQ documentation says that this mode is the one that
provides high availability for the purpose of my proof. I used it in
ActiveMQ 4.1.1 inside of Servicemix 3.2.1 but it didn work due to version
bugs (I posted it in
http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-Master-Slave%2C-how-to-configure-it--%28I%27m-using-Servicemix%29-td15849423s2354.html.
please read it for errors information)

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or maybe it is not viable for my
proof, so I need some kind of help to configure a cluster with this
features.

Regards,

Jorge