Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Neil Curzon <ne...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/10 23:56:45 UTC

Limiting PageStore size

Hi all,

We're in the process of going live with our wicket app, so we're trying to
figure out certain details, currently PageStore size.

I notice that by looking at the page store on disk, typically our pages add
10-20kb each to the pagemap. The default 10mb limit would store a lot of
pages, but we were thinking of using a smaller limit. I tried adjusting the
limit to 100kb, and as expected, the page store size capped out at about
100kb.

I was expecting the consequence of this to be that the back button would not
work all the way to the beginning. Actually, what happens is that, after my
page map size hits the limit and stops growing, even if I continue to click
around the app for a while, I can still hit the back button all the way back
to the login, without hitting our "page expired" page. This surprised me. Is
this expected behavior? If the back button works with a 100kb page map file,
why use a 10mb one?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Neil

Re: Limiting PageStore size

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
It's in the 2.0 in alternate future. Time travel is a tricky thing.

-Matej

Re: Limiting PageStore size

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
did wicket 2.0 had a tardis??