Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org> on 2002/07/04 17:49:48 UTC

Search results too wide

In IE6 on Windows I noticed that the header bar on the search results was
wider than the screen on IE.  I don't see anything pushing it over farther
to the right (like long text), so I'm not sure what's going on.

Plus, if you scroll to the right IE gets a bit confused:

     http://hank.org:5000/ie-results.png

That gray bar on the top is where the menu didn't scroll off screen to the
left as I scrolled the screen to the right.
--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org

Re: Search results too wide

Posted by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org>.
At 05:57 PM 07/04/02 +0200, allan juul wrote:
>try and remove (and commit) the width specs for the table
>
>so this:

>gets to be:

>not sure but that should help

But then the bars and not the full width of the screen -- they are only as
wide as the text within the table.  Is there a workable non-table approach
short of uninstalling IE (oh, I forgot it's impossible to un install IE...)

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org

Re: Search results too wide

Posted by allan juul <la...@inet.uni2.dk>.
hi bill

try and remove (and commit) the width specs for the table

so this:
                &nbsp;Results for <b>apache-&gt;request</b>
                &nbsp; 1 to 10 of 179 results.

gets to be:
                &nbsp;Results for <b>apache-&gt;request</b>
                &nbsp; 1 to 10 of 179 results.

not sure but that should help

./allan