Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Marc Schöchlin <ms...@256bit.org> on 2014/11/09 10:31:51 UTC

Contributing to ActiveMQ / Init script fixes

Hello activemq-devs,

it seems a bit difficult to get patches into activemq upstream using the
ticket system because there is not response to new tickets.
(i.e. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-5378).
The irc channel seems not to exist anymore - is there a new one?

What is the current way to become a committer?

The contribution and new-committer pages seem to be a bit outdated:

  * http://activemq.apache.org/contributing.html
      o The referenced irc channel/server is not available anymore
      o The page references svn commands, but the project is managed by git
  * http://activemq.apache.org/becoming-a-committer.html
      o The page references svn, but the project is managed by git
      o The descriptions are too unspecific/undetailed

Regards
Marc

--
GPG encryption available: 0x670DCBEC/pool.sks-keyservers.net

Re: Contributing to ActiveMQ / Init script fixes

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can peek at the Apache Camel documentation for those kind of
topics as we have updated those. The AMQ project is similar how to
become a committer / how to contribute using github / old fashion
patch files etc. And the JIRA tracker etc.

The chatroom is #activemq at codehaus, eg same place as the Camel chatroom.

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Marc Schöchlin <ms...@256bit.org> wrote:
> Hello activemq-devs,
>
> it seems a bit difficult to get patches into activemq upstream using the
> ticket system because there is not response to new tickets.
> (i.e. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-5378).
> The irc channel seems not to exist anymore - is there a new one?
>
> What is the current way to become a committer?
>
> The contribution and new-committer pages seem to be a bit outdated:
>
>   * http://activemq.apache.org/contributing.html
>       o The referenced irc channel/server is not available anymore
>       o The page references svn commands, but the project is managed by git
>   * http://activemq.apache.org/becoming-a-committer.html
>       o The page references svn, but the project is managed by git
>       o The descriptions are too unspecific/undetailed
>

> Regards
> Marc
>
> --
> GPG encryption available: 0x670DCBEC/pool.sks-keyservers.net

--
Claus Ibsen