Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Scott Kurz <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/25 22:18:58 UTC

"code too large" doing SDO codegen

I got a "code too large" compiler error when trying to compile the static
SDO generated from a decent size WSDL w/ inline types:

My.java:10270: code too large
  protected void createXSDMetaData(ModelFactoryImpl theModelPackageImpl)

When I look at this line, #10270, there are about 15K lines of these:

  addXSDMapping
      (getProperty(shippingChargeType,
ShippingChargeImpl.INTERNAL_SHIPPING_TYPE),
       new String[]
       {
       "kind", "element",
       "name", "ShippingType",
       "namespace", "##targetNamespace"
       });

Any suggestions?  Any options to tweak?  (  I think I'm using the default
codegen options )

Thanks,
Scott

Re: "code too large" doing SDO codegen

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
That's right Scott. The only current solution is to manually fix up
(split) the generated method. A future possibility is to add a "large
model" option (like EMF has), which will generate a completely different
pattern (i.e., the method initializes the metadata by loading it from a
file).

Frank.

Posted by Scott Kurz <sc...@gmail.com>.