Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/15 03:30:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release ActiveMQ CPP 1.0

The ActiveMQ community has voted on the release of ActiveMQ CPP 1.0 with a
total of 6 +1's.

The source bundle for the release candidate can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~tabish/activemq-cpp-1.0.zip

And here's the wiki page for the release:
http://www.activemq.org/site/activemq-cpp-10-release.html

Please cast your votes:

[ ] +1 Release the source as Apache ActiveMQ  CPP 1.0

Nate

Re: [VOTE] Release ActiveMQ CPP 1.0

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
Source bundles have been renamed appropriately and the page has been updated
to point to the release bundles.  I've also added a release notes section.
The release page is here:

http://www.activemq.org/site/activemq-cpp-10-release.html

I don't believe there are any outstanding issues.  Given that we now have a
total of 3 +1's and the vote has been out for over a week, it looks like we
have an official activemq-cpp 1.0!

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 11/16/06, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1 though I'd consider making the configure script +x in the future.
>
> -Brian
>
> On Nov 14, 2006, at 6:30 PM, Nathan Mittler wrote:
>
> > The ActiveMQ community has voted on the release of ActiveMQ CPP 1.0
> > with a
> > total of 6 +1's.
> >
> > The source bundle for the release candidate can be found here:
> > http://people.apache.org/~tabish/activemq-cpp-1.0.zip
> >
> > And here's the wiki page for the release:
> > http://www.activemq.org/site/activemq-cpp-10-release.html
> >
> > Please cast your votes:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release the source as Apache ActiveMQ  CPP 1.0
> > [ ] -1 Veto the release (provide specific comments)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Nate

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [VOTE] Release ActiveMQ CPP 1.0

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 11/16/06, Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe the doxygen file was autogenerated - not sure how doxygen likes
> comments :)

good enough for me :-)

i'm now +1

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Release ActiveMQ CPP 1.0

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 11/16/06, Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I've submitted a KEYS file to svn and have created the sig
> http://people.apache.org/~tabish/activemq-cpp-1.0.zip.asc<http://people.apache.org/%7Etabish/activemq-cpp-1.0.zip.asc>

looks ok to me

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Release ActiveMQ CPP 1.0

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
I believe the doxygen file was autogenerated - not sure how doxygen likes
comments :)

I've submitted a KEYS file to svn and have created the sig
http://people.apache.org/~tabish/activemq-cpp-1.0.zip.asc<http://people.apache.org/%7Etabish/activemq-cpp-1.0.zip.asc>

Also, when we go to cut the release, I'll do the following:
1) rename archive to apache-activemq-cpp-1.0.zip
2) include a RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Regards,
Nate

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 11/15/06, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i'm guessing that *.vcproj are visual C++ project files (right?). they
> lack license headers. does the format support comments?

The files are "`XML", but Visual Studio is notoriously picky about
what's in them.  I've never tried to stick comments in one, but I
wouldn't be all that surprised if it broke something...

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] Release ActiveMQ CPP 1.0

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 11/15/06, Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ActiveMQ community has voted on the release of ActiveMQ CPP 1.0 with a
> total of 6 +1's.
>
> The source bundle for the release candidate can be found here:
> http://people.apache.org/~tabish/activemq-cpp-1.0.zip
>
> And here's the wiki page for the release:
> http://www.activemq.org/site/activemq-cpp-10-release.html
>
> Please cast your votes:
>
> [ ] +1 Release the source as Apache ActiveMQ  CPP 1.0

looks good :-)

+0 ATM just a couple of questions

-- questions --

(just want clarification, not necessarily asking for rerolling)

(RAT)
 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/activemq-cpp/trunk/activemq-cpp/doxygen.cfg
 is quite long and lacks a license header. is it generated?

i'm guessing that *.vcproj are visual C++ project files (right?). they
lack license headers. does the format support comments?

-- comments --

--- notes and suggestions ---

no checksums or signatures were provided so i can't check them. full
official apache releases need to be signed so probably a good idea to
create a public key and get into the habit of using it.

once activemq is released, remember to prefix the release title with apache.

i'd like to see a RELEASE_NOTES.txt next time. release notes are an
important way of communicating with the users of the software. the
same content is useful for creating announcements so it's not really
wasted time.

- robert