Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jake Robb <jr...@sircon.com> on 2007/11/06 14:55:44 UTC

[S2] Restricting paths?

I have an action called MainMenu.  It's defined as follows:

        <action name="MainMenu" class="mainMenuAction">
            <result name="success" type="tiles">mainMenu</result>
        </action>

(I'm using the Spring plugin - mainMenuAction is the name of the spring
bean)

I want MainMenu to be accessible at the following URL:

http://server/main/MainMenu.action

And, as expected, it is available there.  However, it's also available
at any of these:

http://server/MainMenu.action
http://server/what/MainMenu.action
http://server/foo/MainMenu.action
http://server/bar/MainMenu.action
http://server/arbitrarily/long/path/MainMenu.action

etc.

I tried changing the action definition like so:

        <action name="/main/MainMenu" class="mainMenuAction">
            <result name="success" type="tiles">mainMenu</result>
        </action>

But now my action isn't available at *any* path.

How can I restrict access to the action to only the path(s) I want?

Thanks!

-Jake

RE: [S2] Restricting paths?

Posted by Jake Robb <jr...@sircon.com>.
Thanks, that did it!  I didn't have namespace attributes for any of my
packages.  :)

Did you checkout the namespace setting of your package?

- Gary

Re: [S2] Restricting paths?

Posted by Gary Affonso <gl...@greywether.com>.