Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net> on 2018/01/07 21:33:57 UTC

[Understanding PAYG] Button: Why is there no "text" or "icon" bead in order to compose a TextButton or IconButton?

Hi,
just for my understanding:

It seems to me that we can't compose a TextButton or an IconButton or a
TextIconButton by adding some beads to Button, something like this [1].
Instead, we have "TextButton" which feels for me a bit like an Express
component.
I just would like to know if I have a wrong understanding of PAYG [1] or if
those suggested beads just not implemented because nobody did it so far.

Thank you!
Olaf

[1]
<js:Button>
   <js:beads>
      <js:Text value="Test" />
      <js:Icon src="/your/image/source/image.png" />
   </js:beads>
</js:Button>

--
Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/

Re: [Understanding PAYG] Button: Why is there no "text" or "icon" bead in order to compose a TextButton or IconButton?

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Keep in mind that a Royale Button's base UI element is platform dependent.
On the HTML side, the element is a <button> and there is no view bead to
construct it. TextButtonView is a Flash platform class that makes the
actual UI button with its up/down/over states represented as separate
basic elements.

Button is a tricky one because it is so basic to the platform. In other
components, the base UI element is a <div> (HTML) or a
DisplayObjectContainer (Flash) and then what you actually see and interact
with are its children which are created by view beads. Not really the case
for Button.

‹peter

Posted by Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net>.
Thanks Alex!

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Here's one article that is relevant [1]

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Creating+Components

Posted by Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

On 1/8/18, 12:50 AM, "Olaf Krueger" <ma...@olafkrueger.net> wrote:

>>Because the components have a model, the model needs to be PAYG...
>
>I guess I have to start exploring the asjs source code a bit more soon...
>Is there any kind of documentation how those strands and beads are
>internally works and how they are implemented or which patterns are used?

We've tried to write up things like this in the FlexJS wiki.  We are still
in the process of moving this information to Royale repos and updating it.
 Volunteers are more than welcome to help.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.