Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by THIEBAUD Patrice <PT...@unedic.fr> on 2008/03/26 17:31:06 UTC

Contributing a HttpServletRequestFilter into the HttpServletRequestHandler service's configuration

The Request Processing documentation says that the
HttpServletRequestHandler pipeline can be extended by contributing a
HttpServletRequestFilter into the HttpServletRequestHandler service's
configuration.

I guess that one has to provide an ordered list of
HttpServletRequestFilter somehow, but I didn't find a point of entry.

How can it be done exactly ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Contributing a HttpServletRequestFilter into the HttpServletRequestHandler service's configuration

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
In your module, add a contribution method:

public void contributeHttpServletRequestHandler(OrderedConfiguration<HttpServletRequestFilter>
configuration)
{
  configuration.add("MyFilter", new MyFilter(...));
}

There are other options to the add() method to control the order of
your filter relative to the other filters in the pipeline.

Look at TapestryModule for more examples of contributions.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship