Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Slater <ma...@analogsoftware.com> on 2004/05/19 11:23:03 UTC

Multiproject as a sub-project?

I'm setting up my first Maven project, and trying to plan for the
future. The main project will be a collection of web applications
(separate ones), so I want to configure the project so that the main
project will build all the web apps (sub-projects), which in turn build
all of their EJBs, WARs, EARs, JARs, etc. To do that, I figured the
main project would use a multiproject, and each sub-project top level
would as well. However, when I tried to set that up, the sub-project
only generated overview information for the site documentation, it
doesn't compile its code, or generate the reports based on the compiled
code. If I run Maven in the sub-project, it does compile its code.

I guess I'm surprised that the multiproject goal can't be recursive,
because I see no reason as to why it couldn't/shouldn't be. Maybe I'm
reading the docs wrong? Has anyone managed to set up this kind of
project? Or do I just have to resign myself to building each
sub-project separately, or making a custom goal or something like that?

Thanks!

Mark