Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Fred van Zwieten <fv...@redhat.com> on 2024/01/27 07:17:01 UTC

Question on S7 Siemens PLC possibilities

Hi,

(Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about PLC's..)

My name is Fred van Zwieten. I work for Red Hat and am researching a
question from one of my customers. They operate Siemens S7-1200 PLC's and
have a need to do some remote automation.

The use-cases they are requesting are:

1. Change the PLC Password(s)
2. Upgrade the PLC to a newer firmware version

I came across several automation efforts. Preferably I need a REST API
access over a TCP transport. Customer has a TIA Portal application so
automation through the TIA portal or bypassing the TIA portal are possible.

Is this somehow possible with plc4x?

Thank you!

Regards

Fred Van Zwieten

Senior infrastructure portfolio SSA
<https://red.ht/sig>

Re: Question on S7 Siemens PLC possibilities

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Fred,

I am afraid, that these are two things that are not possible with plc4x. Technically it would be possible, but given the fact that plcs are usually completely unprotected, in the early days of plc4x, we decided to leave this sort of thing out of scope.

Chris

Gesendet von Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>