Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Zhang, Yi (Eason)" <yi...@esgyn.cn> on 2017/02/16 06:23:44 UTC

how to turn on monitor trace?

Hi,

I want to get more debug info when starting the monitor, does anyone know how to turn on monitor trace?

I tried to set MS_TRACE_ENABLE=1 in ms.env but it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks,
Eason

Re: how to turn on monitor trace?

Posted by "Zhang, Yi (Eason)" <yi...@esgyn.cn>.
There’s no shell.env by default, but it works after I manually create one. Thanks, Narendra!

Thanks,
Eason

On 17/02/2017, 11:06, "Narendra Goyal" <na...@esgyn.com> wrote:

    To trace the monitor:
    Add these lines in $MY_SQROOT/sql/scripts/shell.env to trace the monitor ('#' as the first character disables the trace of that type):
    MON_TRACE_ENABLE=1
    MON_TRACE_INIT=1
    MON_TRACE_EVLOG_MSG=1
    MON_TRACE_REQUEST=1
    MON_TRACE_PROCESS=1
    #MON_TRACE_MLIO=1
    #MON_TRACE_MLIO_DETAIL=1

    After that restart the env, the trace files are in $MY_SQROOT/tmp/monitor.trace*

    One can even start/stop the monitor trace dynamically (via sqshell), as follows:

    sqshell -a
    et MTRC-MON_TRACE_REQUEST=1
    set MTRC-MON_TRACE_REQUEST_DETAIL=1
    set MTRC-MON_TRACE_PROCESS=1
    set MTRC-MON_TRACE_ENABLE=1

    after that execute other stuff for which you want the monitor trace, then turn off monitor trace:

    sqshell -a
    set MTRC-MON_TRACE_ENABLE=0

    Look in the file $MY_SQROOT/monitor/linux/trace.sub to find the additional stuff that can be traced by the monitor.

    Thanks,
    -Narendra

        Did you stop and restart your instance after setting MS_TRACE_ENABLE=1?