Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Steinmaurer, Thomas" <th...@dynatrace.com> on 2017/10/07 17:41:56 UTC

RE: Got error, removing parent repair session - When doing multiple repair -pr — Cassandra 3.x

Marshall,

-pr should not be used with incremental repairs, which is the default since 2.2. But even when used with full repairs (-full option), this will cause troubles when running nodetool repair -pr from several nodes concurrently. So, unfortunately, this does not seem to work anymore and makes the operational side much more difficult to handle.

We are in the same boat. There has been a lengthy discussion on that a few weeks ago and was asked to open the following ticket:

Thomas

Posted by "marshall.s.king@virtustream.com" <ma...@virtustream.com>.
Thanks Thomas for clarifying.

After reading all the threads I see some possible work arounds for this issue.  I'm still not exactly sure what the recommended work around is for this issue with 3x with multiple repairs.  ???

Marshall