Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> on 2005/10/10 01:07:02 UTC

How are integration unit tests used?

I have integration tests in src/tests/integration; I have
<integrationUnitTestSourceDirectory/> set accordingly in my project.xml.
I also have appropriate <includes/> under <integrationUnitTest/>. But I
can't figure out how to get those tests compiled and run...

The documentation for the Maven Test plugin seems to imply that it will
compile the tests into target/iutest-classes, but this isn't happening.
Grepping through the plugin files, they don't reference
IntegrationUnitTestSourceDirectory or iutest.

If I rename <integrationUnitTestSourceDirectory/> to
<unitTestSourceDirectory/> (and comment out the existing
<unitTestSourceDirectory/> element) the integration tests get compiled
and run, so I know the path is specified correctly.

So, how do I get my integration tests built and run?

Thanks,

L.

Re: How are integration unit tests used?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
So it's not used? Is there a way I can get 'maven test' to include the
classes from <unitTestSourceDirectory/> *and*

Posted by David Sag <ds...@epo.org>.
That's a real shame actually.  I like to keep my unit tests pure - ie they
are real unit tests and only test a single object - mocking all
collaborators,
and i like to run integration tests separately.

given the tags are there - perhaps the m2 developers would like to
implement it.  or is this something best left to configuration of the
surefire plugin, as i do now.

Kind regards,
Dave Sag

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.