Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by manua <ag...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/04 15:04:02 UTC

How can I restrict durable consumers

Hi,

I want my broker to not allow durable consumers.
Is there an option/setting in activemq.xml such that no durable consumer can
be connected to any of its topic.

Kindly let me know your inputs.

Thanks
Manu

Re: How can I restrict durable consumers

Posted by Jason Whaley <ja...@gmail.com>.
There doesn't appear to be a way to limit this via activemq configuration,
at least not from a quick browsing of the schema at
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-5.5.0-schema.html

You may want to consider using virtual topics for this instead. See
http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html for an overview.
 Essentially you can have your producer still publish a topic, but your
consumers will consume from queues instead and those queues are created
dynamically.

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
consider implementing a simple broker plugin that modifies every
ConsuermInfo to ensure the subscriptionName is null in
org.apache.activemq.broker.Broker#addConsumer

Or you could report back an error by throwing an exception if
subscriptionName != null, it is up to you.

Have a look at org.apache.activemq.plugin.ForcePersistencyModeBrokerPlugin
for an example to follow.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com