Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Ohad Shany <oh...@splwg.com> on 2001/02/02 13:51:28 UTC

Xalan , xerces and visual age for java.

Hi

Has anyone tried to use xalan and xerces under VA?

Since their jar files has common packages which prevents importing all of the
jar file content , the packages of what jar file (xalan or xerces) should i
import?

I am currently forced to use xalan 2.0.1 but information regarding ther xalan
version

would also be helpfull.

   thanks

      OHAD

Re: Min and Max functions

Posted by Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>.
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001 05:15:15 -0800 (PST)
p stead <ps...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to emulate the Min and Max functions in
> a XPath expression? For example, how would I select
> the node which has the highest value for a particular
> attribute?
>
> Thanks
>
> Prajesh

Did you try something like this:

items/item[number(@id) >= ../item/@id] .

If I understand XPath spec. right, this should give you the <item>
element(s) which have the highest value in the @id attribute.

I never tried this before and I would be interested in your results.

regards,
Conny Krappatsch

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com

Min and Max functions