Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/26 22:30:43 UTC

Accessing server directory from applet

I have an applet that I'm hosting on Tomcat.  When I try to access the file
system, I end up on the users file system, not the servers.  Is there a way
to connect to the servers file system?

Bai Shen

Re: Accessing server directory from applet

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Bai Shen wrote:
> I have an applet that I'm hosting on Tomcat.  When I try to access the file
> system, I end up on the users file system, not the servers.  Is there a way
> to connect to the servers file system?

Applets run on the client so the only option you have for accessing remote
(ie server) content is if the server makes it available, eg via HTTP.

Mark

Re: Accessing server directory from applet

Posted by Bai Shen <ba...@gmail.com>.
This is an existing applet, so I'm stuck with it until I rewrite the whole
thing.

No security problems.  Not sure why.  And unfortunately there's not
automatic pull for anything other than images or music.

After I posted, I figured out about the pulling it from the server.  I was
jus' wondering if there was a better way.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
If your client does'nt mind objects loaded into your browser
<embed src="TheAnschluss.swf" id="TestForFlex3" quality="high" bgcolor="#869ca7" name="TheAnschluss" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="100%" width="100%">
<noscript>
      <object classid="clsid:PingMeOffline"
            id="TheAnschluss" width="100%" height="100%"
            codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab">
            <param name="movie" value="TheAnschluss.swf" />
            <param name="quality" value="high" />
            <param name="bgcolor" value="#869ca7" />
            <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />

then I would start thinking about flex plugin
ping me offline as this is O/T for this forum

Waiting for Gegenwirkung Politische
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.