Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by kr...@mmm.com on 2003/04/22 00:21:59 UTC

Upgrading from xalan java 1 to xalan java 2

Hi...
I'm upgrading an application from xalan java 1 to xalan java 2 and have
found that several changes to the xslt source have been required so far. Is
there a migration guide anywhere that would outline the changes necessary?

I'm seeing 3 issues in one of my stylesheet transforms that worked fine in
java-xalan-1.

1) The first line of code in the html transformed document is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

instead of:

The output directive is:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version
="1.0">

2) Javascript characters are being escaped; ie, && transforms to &amp;&amp;
< transforms to &lt; etc. The javascript code is declared as follows:

<script type="text/javascript"><![CDATA[

]]>

My understanding is that this should prevent escaping from occuring during
the transform.

3) A tree fragment that is passed in as a parameter seems to be redering
different results. Not all items in the nodeset are being processed as
before. Again this worked in the java-1 version.

I downloaded the 2.0.0 version of xalan; but there were no transition notes
available, only a reference to the first developer version. I'm thinking
there must be something out there somewhere...

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keith...