Posted to axis-user-ja@ws.apache.org by ihavenoidea <gi...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2006/07/15 00:16:54 UTC

Attachments

Hello,

I am a newbie with Apache Axis and have been trying to work out how to send
attachments from a Client to Server. My set up is Tomcat 5.5 with Apache
Axis 1.4. I would like to attache a text file or binary file if this is the
only format it reads (file will contain a group of strings, doubles or
integers) and send it to the server for it to be opened and convert into an
array. What I am confused about is how on earth do I even begin programming
to make an attachment to be sent? Also, how do i open it at the server end.
There are many tutorials about and the ones I have looked at have lots of
different names like SAAJ, JAXR...etc and these use J2EE but is this not a
different technology to what I am using?

Any help appreciated as I enjoy learning how to web services! :)
Thanks.