Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Karthik Abram <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/28 17:59:23 UTC

Use of VirtualWebappLoader

When I attempt to use the virtual webapp loader, I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
LifecycleException:  start: :  java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.catalina.loader.VirtualWebappLoader cannot be cast to
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader

However, when I subclass WebappClassLoader and create my own
equivalent of VirtualWebappLoader, the start() method doesn't seem to
get called nor does my custom property seem to get set. Any ideas what
I'm doing wrong?