Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by THIEBAUD Patrice <PT...@unedic.fr> on 2008/03/21 11:02:09 UTC

Potential use of symbols within the value of the Match annotation

We are going to use Tapestry 5 for a ligthweight framework and provide
some added-value for example in terms of automatic JTA transaction
managment through a decorator.
According to the documentation of the Match annotation, it is not
possible to use symbols for its value.
If it were the case, we could simply provide a compiled module class
including this decorator (and others), letting the project configure the
target services by configuring the ApplicationDefaults service with a
published symbol name.

Is it intended in the future to support symbols with the Match
annotation ?
Or is it already the case ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Potential use of symbols within the value of the Match annotation

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It's something of a bootstrapping issue, where @Match is more
"fundamental" than symbols.   It might be technically possible.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship