Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fabian Nilius <ni...@web.de> on 2002/12/17 14:35:45 UTC

Link pressed often - requests filtered?

I've got a problem when programming JSPs with Tomcat 4.0:

There is a link on my JSP-generated page, like the following:
http://localhost:8080/debug/ivr/IvrMain.jsp?Sel=2:0/1010

When the user clicks on the link, the page is refreshed:
The same page is displayed, with some small changes.
This refresh takes only a few milliseconds.

My problem is: If the user hit's the link very often -
e.g. twice a second - only some of the requests come through.
It seems to me that the tomcat waits 1-2 seconds, before it
accepts another request with exactly the same URL (from the same IP).

I made some output for debugging purposes on to of the JSP-Page, which
looks like following:

<%@ page errorPage="/errorpage.jsp"%>
<%@ page import="com.[...]
com.[...]%>

<%
  System.out.println ("Page has been opened"); /* debugging only */
  if ( LoginChecker.redirectIfNotLoggedIn( session, response,
"../firstSite.html" ) )       return;
%>

<head>
[...]

The output was made only when the page was refreshed, too.
So, the JSP was not even called, if the links is pressed to often.

Of course, I spend some time searching on the web for this problem
(maybe just a matter of configuration), but "link" or "post" are
no great words to search for.

Thanks for your help
fABIAN

--