Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anthony Ryan <An...@aib.ie> on 2006/11/20 15:45:19 UTC

Creating a web project from a custom archetype

Hi all,

I've recently created an archetype for web projects and it seemed to install correctly (due mainly to the help of this user group!).

Now I would like to test it by trying to create a project from it. I am trying to use the command below to do this:

C:\New Folder>mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -DarchetypeArtifactId=template-archetype -DarchetypeGroupId=aib.dos -DartifactId=newproject -DgroupId=aib.dos -Dpackaging=war

The .war file is held at Z:\aib\dos\template-archetype\1.0-SNAPSHOT and is called  template-archetype-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war (The z: drive being my local repository).

However, the dos prompt keeps throwing an error, saying it cannot download the artifact and by the looks of things, it seems to be searching for a .jar file instead!

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Anthony Ryan