Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com> on 2011/09/26 14:37:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-rc1 (Release Candidate 1)

The first beta played its role well: bugs, small and bigger, were fixed[1].
We have no ticket left open for 1.0.0 except for a few that are minor, aren't
regressions and imho are no blocker as far as the release of 1.0.0 is
concerned. So proceeding with our plan, I think the final release is around
the corner and I thus propose the following artifacts for release as 1.0.0-rc1.

SVN: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-1.0.0@r1175771
Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-103/org/apache/cassandra/apache-cassandra/1.0.0-rc1/
Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-103/

The artifacts as well as a debian package are also available here:
http://people.apache.org/~slebresne/

Since the beta 1 release has been overall rather calm, given this not a final
release (yet) and in order to stick to the schedule as much as we can, I
propose a short 24h vote (longer if needed).

[1]: http://goo.gl/9z2yt (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/UUYJY (NEWS.txt)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-rc1 (Release Candidate 1)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 on the POMs (non-Binding)

-Stephen

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 1.0.0-rc1 (Release Candidate 1)

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.
Including my vote, I'm counting 3 binding +1's, one other +1's and no -1's.
The passes. I'll publish the artifacts.

--
Sylvain

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.